Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Balsamic Drizzle Recipe
One thing I commonly hear from friends, family, and clients is that they want to reduce their sugar intake, but still have a raging sweet tooth. This recipe satisfies the need for something dessert-like after a meal, minus all the added sugar and fat of things like cake and ice cream. Instead, it’s naturally sweetened with fresh juicy peaches, which are in their peak season. It’ll even provide you with a nice protein boost, thanks to the Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Balsamic Drizzle
2 free-stone peaches, halved and pitted
1 cup fat-free plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
mint leaves, to garnish
1. Oil the grill and preheat it to medium.
2. Mix the Greek yogurt with cinnamon. Divide it between 2 bowls.
3. Slice peaches in half, twisting them apart so that one side contains the pit and the other does not. (You’re going to be using the non-pit sides, but you can still grill the other halves once the pit is out if you like!)
4. Place the peaches, flesh side down, on the grill when it is hot.
5. Allow peaches to cook for about 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook the rounded sides for 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate.
6. In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar until it reduces by about half its original volume. 8. Transfer it to a measuring cup with a spout or another container that will make pouring easy. (If you have a high quality dark balsamic that is already very thick, you can skip this step).
7. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the peaches and yogurt, and garnish with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
angela_simpsonAngela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best.
You can learn more about Angela on her blog, Eat Spin Run Repeat.
Keep up-to-date- on what Angela is up to through social media::